1. Abstract SubmissionFor those who are only interested in attendance and delivering an oral or poster presentation without publications, please submit your abstract(s) following guidelines as below:
- Abstract should be strictly within one A4 page in length apart from the cover letter page and containing at least 200 words;
- A cover letter page is required to include a short biography of the presenter: 1) Full Name; 2) Title information (eg. Prof./Dr./M.S./ Teacher/Student); 3) Affiliation information (Department + University/Institution + Country); 4) Research interests;
- Abstract should be submitted in .doc format according to the Abstract Template;
- Kindly mark "For Oral/Poster Presentation" when submitting the abstract via the Online Submission System;
- The abstract proceedings are just for academic exchange during the conference time, and will not get published openly. Full and improved paper based on the abstract could be submitted elsewhere for further publication.
2. For Oral Presentationa. Time Allocation
|Presentation Type||Total Allotted Time|
|Keynote Presentation||40 min|
|Invited Presentation||20 min|
|Regular Presentation||15 min|
- All presentations include 5 minutes for question and discussion. Presenters are requested to start and done their presentation on time.
- Speakers are recommended to bring their presentation data in the form of PPT or PDF by a USB memory stick and send one copy to the e-mail box as a backup.
- Laptop, video projector, and laser pointer with remote control will be provided by the organizing committee.
- PPTs from the speakers need to be submitted to the organizing committee nearly one month in advance for the final confirmation.
- oral presentation certificate would be issued by the session chair after the presentation is delivered.
- A paper ID indicated in the last page or each page of the PPT is recommended.
3. Speaker StandardsSpeakers Attire: Speakers are strongly encouraged to dress in business formals during presentations. Speakers should be well knowledgeable and expert in the area of presentation to meet the audience.
Presentation Skills: The language is English. Speakers should rehearse well in advance for the successful presentation with time management.
No commercial Advertisement: No commercial advertisements are allowed during the session.
4. For Poster PresentationPoster Presentation provides an opportunity for effective one-to-one communication. To make a successful poster presentation, please be sure to review the following instructions:
(1) Presentation Preparation
- Abstract of poster presentation should be submitted via Online Submission System. Please mark "For poster presentation" in the NOTE box, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation.
- To ensure visual effectiveness of your poster, use large lettering and a minimum of text. Meticulous checking is required in all posters for typographic and grammatical mistakes and image (usage of color) quality.
- Posters Presenters should appear one hour before the poster session get started and hang the poster accordingly;
- All presenters are responsible for removing their posters when poster presentation finishes. The Secretariat takes no responsibility for posters after that.
(2) Best Poster Presentation Selection
- Best Poster Presentation will be selected, please ensure your Paper ID (NEFES****) is shown correctly on the header of your poster.
- This award consists of free registration to the next NEFES Conference and a certificate signed by Conference Chair. Results will be demonstrated on NEFES official website.
• Research Quality
• Presentation Skill
- The conference general chair will invite 10-20 volunteers from invited speakers, professors and experienced researchers to serve as the judges to review the posters (Note: A judge would not have a poster or know the participant exhibiting a poster)
- 2 red stickers and 2 green stickers will be provided to the judges. The red sticker stands for “Research Quality” with a value of 2 points; the green sticker stands for “Presentation Skill and Design” with a value of 1 point
- Each judge will go around the poster session and give the stickers to the poster which he/she thinks is of high quality or well designed and well presented, please be noticed that the judge cannot give 2 red or 2 green stickers to the same poster (one red and one green sticker are acceptable)
- After the poster session, the Chair will count the points from each poster and select one best poster presentation with more points. If there is a tie, the one with more red (Research Quality) stickers wins; if there is still a tie, the Chair will make the final decision